Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Secret Thread hooks another fish.....

Greetings 'Secret' weavers! I'm pleased and honored to join The Secret Thread, created by the mighty "Duke Altum", a man born to blog on topics such as this if ever there was one. This is "Mutt Ploughman"'s maiden voyage in blogging, so bear with him. I'm the 'J.' referred to in the opening blog on this site, and add my thanks to my commentary here for Duke's dedication. He's a good man. He knows his books. I'm glad to join the discussion. I hope we will see more bloggers in the future but will be glad to kick it all over with Duke in all the interim spaces; we've been doing it forever as Duke alluded to. Since we're in the blogosphere here, I will cut to the chase and offer these opening words: I am an avid reader and a writer-in-training, trying to develop my skills in the literary craft. So this site has valuable potential for me as a place I can air out my views and hear yours. I am looking forward to kicking around literature, films, and music, and to plugging any writing I can get out there mercilessly. I know Duke's re-reading both Flannery O'Connor novels (to his credit) and I'm reading Rushdie's "Midnight's Children", on which I plan to blog soon. As we used to say in my military days, "Watch your lane, and fire when ready."

1 comment:

Duke Altum said...

That military reference is classic... works perfectly in this context. Welcome aboard to "the Mighty Mutt" (Dead Poets Society), a.k.a. Mutt "Piers" Ploughman, continuing on in the time-honored tradition of English literature! Glad to have you up and running on this thing... literature, music, film, you name it, we cover it... with (as already posted) a little theology, philosophy and current events thrown in as well, just to spice up the mulligan stew. (BTW, who put Old Pigweed in here...?)